MN DNR boat landing inspectors.

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
No sign and no obvious uniform with badge = tell them to get lost.

Exactly.

In Minnesota and Wisconsin the "Lake Owners Associations" are hiring high school kids to do "inspections" for
invasive species,.....These lake owners associations are pushing the state to allow them to restrict access to the lake
essentially privatizing public waters,...

They want the lakes to themselves,...

Now, I'm not against stopping the spread of invasive species,..;

However it is a useless endeavor, at best it will slow down the inevitable,...

And to think for 20 or 30 dollars each they could have put cleaning systems in the
ocean going vessels the travel into the Great Lakes and could have stopped all of this years ago,...

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
The LAST time, and I'm pretty sure I mean the LAST I boated in MN, we were staying in a motel near the lake. Launched and loaded each day, and drove back to the motel. It rained the last night we were there, and when we went to launch in the morning, the inspectors gave us such a hassle for having water in the boat when we arrived at the launch. Round and round. We left and went back to a land of sanity (Wisconsin).

When crossing back into the states, MN from Canada, Mn has built inspection sheds to check you out after you make it through US Customs.
It seems the only trucks/boats that are pulled into the shed are from Wisconsin, Illinois, or Iowa.
The first thing they do is send an officer around the back of the boat to check for a plug, while another officer is asking you for your fishing licenses.

Then they could your fish.
If you are over your limit allowed on your Canadian license, you will be issued a ticket for having fish without a MN license.

I wonder how many fish I could transport through MN if I had a Canadian, MN, and Wisconsin license in my wallet?

Hmmm, should be able to have the CA limit, the MN limit, and double bag limit (possession limit ) for WI residents. :)

As far as having the plug out while transporting, we always do, have for decades, thats the way dad did it too.

But, can not find any documentation for it being a law in Wisconsin.

Did find this though:
[h=2]Laws for seaplane operators[/h]
  • INSPECT your seaplane and equipment
  • REMOVE any attached aquatic plants or animals (before landing or taking off).

Maclin

Admiral
Laws for seaplane operators
  • INSPECT your seaplane and equipment
  • REMOVE any attached aquatic plants or animals (before landing or taking off).
BEFORE LANDING, wow. Too funny.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
That's the DNR for ya. I did read about pulling the plug after retrieving......

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
got my kayak inspected earlier this year at one of the local lakes. fella was nice enough but not sure what he was looking for, (I know invasive species, but not a lot of places to hide in a kayak) than he started rambling on in conversation until I kindly said well i better get out there before I need lights. LOL

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Well now I have an interesting situation I picked up an old Alumacraft Flying D today and upon inspection there is no plug in the boat at all, what will they think of that?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
They can fix it.

200.gif