Funny, we are not moving!

JSGOLD

Chief Petty Officer
Saturday I took myself and the captain to a local lake we frequent and went looking for fish. The captain had been complaining about the boat moving around too much the last time were there, due the winds that seem to change direction there every few minutes. And since is a smaller lake I added a second anchor so we had one at each end to hold us in place. Fished at the first spot about 2 hours and decided to move on. Got everything ready and turned the trolling motor on and after going about 50 feet I noticed it seemed we were moving slow...Turned the speed up and now we are going nowhere... It is common to slide up on underwater trees there but did not feel anything hit....Then looked in the back and yep....there was the anchor rope, in the water holding fast. DOOOH!

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
When you want an anchor to hold, it won't and..........................Well you know. LOL

Maclin

Admiral
Good thing it did not let go and snap back with the anchor still attached :faint2:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
That happened to me with a lure a tree and spiderwire. Was pulling the boat to the tree. Right in the forehead. Hurt for a week.

JSGOLD

Chief Petty Officer
Once back in 2010 we had two anchors at Woodrums Lake and it was our first time there. A lot of wood on the bottom. Both anchors got wedged under logs at the same time in one spot we tried. Water is much deeper there so one is enough, lol. Did manage to get them back though.