Questionable sales video....

jbcurt00

Staff member
No motor 'roar' as the boat passes camera/mic just picking up wind noise.

To me, its more interesting that there is no mention of how long it'd run w out a recharge.

Mentioned they'd been running for about an hour, but thats nothing compared to an entire day on the water.

Might get interest around Lake Tahoe or other wealthy areas w heavily restricted waterways, but not much anywhere near me...

tpenfield

Staff member
ReGen Nautic - electric marine engines. Look to be a bit pricey. There is a spec & price sheet on the web site. There is even a 300 HP model. Pricing shows separate for engine & battery pack. The 180 HP model is rated for 107 hp continuous use (80 kW) and the largest battery pack for it is rated at 50 kWH . . .

So, you could expect about 40 minutes of continuous use . . . maybe an hour or so with a combination of idle speeds and cruising :noidea:

AgnotGt

Seaman
I just thought it was odd that they cut the sound off except when he was talking. Made it seem like it was "that" quiet. I would have liked to heard it go by, video from the shore; instead.

funk6294

Petty Officer 1st Class
It's a neat concept, but I agree, how much battery life do you get and why was I not allowed to hear how much gear whine it had....

fhhuber

Lieutenant
They needed a gasoline boat to tow it back after the batteries died... but didn't want the sound of the gas engine in the video.

As above... 40 min would be max abusive to the batteries run time...more like 20 min if you want the batteries to survive more than a dozen charge/discharge cycles.

I work with a lot of electric stuff. That's a "short run then recharge me" boat.

Last edited:

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
I know him, I'll ask him about it next time I'm up there. He lives in the land of oops!

I'd say it's amazing they can get that kind of performance out an electric motor, even if it's only for an hour.

Last edited: