New P-shooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
0297fb77-4835-4ad0-a2f2-6b07c0ad684c_zpsa7e63df0.jpg

Walther P22, now if I could just find ammo for it....:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Volphin

Lieutenant
Re: New P-shooter

Nice find! Yeah, ammo would be nice huh? I haven't seen any .22 for a LONG time thanks to the hoarders. BTW, you are allowed to SMACK them at Wally World when you see them panic buying.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

our wally world limits buys to 3 boxes. if you have a gander mountain and can find out which day they deliver. you usually have to go ask for ammo at the counter on delivery day. they don't even bother stocking the shelves it's all gone by early afternoon.

nice plinker BTW

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Hey Thalasso, thanks for the link. I just ordered 500 rounds. A bit pricy but it's on the way.

bigdee

Commander

Nice looking gun. I don't understand the ammo shortage...if I was in that industry I would be expanding production lines and operating 24/7. Surprised the Chinese haven't jumped on the bandwagon. I have been buying a box once in awhile for 50 years so I have plenty,still good, no duds.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Thanks for the links nlain. I book marked them. I love it when the free market works as it should.:rolleyes::rolleyes: However I prefer it when the supply exceeds the demand. :facepalm:

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Nice looking gun. I don't understand the ammo shortage...if I was in that industry I would be expanding production lines and operating 24/7. Surprised the Chinese haven't jumped on the bandwagon. I have been buying a box once in awhile for 50 years so I have plenty,still good, no duds.

"Hording" nu'ff said.................:mad::mad:

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Hey Thalasso, thanks for the link. I just ordered 500 rounds. A bit pricy but it's on the way.

Pricey is right. I shoot the CCI Mini Mag non hollow point rd and one place wants .45/rd...... No thanks......

matt167

Captain

Yes, hoarding for sure.. Hit up the small out of the way shops and you WILL find good ammo at good prices.. I got a 100 round box of CCI Mini Mag HP's from a local shop where I bought my 91/30 Mosin Nagant, and it was $12 for the box. He had some Federal 40 grain for $5/ 100 rd box but I left those for someone else... 2 months ago, the CCI Mini Mag HPs' were going $60/100 on gunbroker..

Last edited:

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

I haven't even seen .22 LR here locally in forever. I still find .40 and .45 now and than. I pick up a box when I see them.

bigdee

Commander

"Hording" nu'ff said.................:mad::mad:

A box here and there for 50 years is hoarding? Really. Buying everything on the shelf is hoarding! Anyway, I have ammo and no one was left out because of it.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

2 months ago, the CCI Mini Mag HPs' were going $60/100 on gunbroker..

I guess mine would be considered HV(high velocity)? Might have to wait a few years for everything to settle down...... I too can't remember seeing handgun rounds at the closest Wally World in a long time...

Alwhite00

Master Chief Petty Officer

What's with everyone buying up the 22 rounds - It's not like it's the perfect home defense or zombie killer round, I don't get it. I have been looking for 3 weeks now for 22LR and have not came across one box. Also looking for 12ga 00 Buckshot - Damn near impossible around here to find.

LK

matt167

Captain

I guess mine would be considered HV(high velocity)? Might have to wait a few years for everything to settle down...... I too can't remember seeing handgun rounds at the closest Wally World in a long time...

Could be. They make all 3 types. Mini Mag standard, HV and HP

Ammofast has some Velocitor hypers for $15/box. It's probably comparable to the Mini Mag's CCI Velocitor Hypervelocity 22LR High Vel Cpr Coated HP 50 Pk | AmmoFast.com. They are not the cheapest on shipping tho.

matt167

Captain

What's with everyone buying up the 22 rounds - It's not like it's the perfect home defense or zombie killer round, I don't get it. I have been looking for 3 weeks now for 22LR and have not came across one box. Also looking for 12ga 00 Buckshot - Damn near impossible around here to find.

LK

People hoard for when SHTF or 'preppers', others resell. .22LR is the most common round for semi automatics, hence with the gun climate the way it is, everyone wants semi automatics especially the ones that look like AR's and AK's.

sublauxation

Lieutenant

Gander Mountain had a pretty good stash of .22 the last couple times I stopped in. Cabela's had no .22 but they had piles of OO Buck. It's nice to see most calibers are starting to stay on the shelves.

I do the same as Bigdee and see no problem with it. Whenever it's on sale I pick up a brick. When it disappeared from stores I did a count and found about 5K .22 rounds hiding in the basement. It sure made my neighbor happy when he needed some and I sold him a brick for the $10 that I paid for it.

These guys do a pretty good job of staying current on who has what. Ammo :: Ammunition :: Ammo For Sale : Cheap Ammo : Find Ammunition at AmmoSeek.com

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

A box here and there for 50 years is hoarding? Really. Buying everything on the shelf is hoarding! Anyway, I have ammo and no one was left out because of it.

bigdee, not pointing fingers here. Just pointing out the issue at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.