Treating Grubs (NE Ohio)

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander
Any landscapers out there? My yard (front) just litterally died this year very brown and just pulling up by pushing on it with your shoe! Today I raked out all the anyoing moss and after removing all the thatch from the dethatcher I saw nothin but grubs! Now I have been researching and have come across many remedies and currently leanning toward Dylox. Any input would be helpful.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
Re: Treating Grubs (NE Ohio)

The last 2-3 years lawns in our area have been ravaged by grubs.
One homeowner dug up their entire lawn and replaced it with a rock garden....with a large sign:

I fought the lawn and the lawn won!

The most success people have had is with nematodes.

Moody Blue

Captain

Nematodes for sure. I had a bad infestation of the leatherjacket variety of grub 3 years ago. I counted 20 grubs in a square foot of lawn. Fortunately I caught the problem in time before they destroyed my lawn. Treatment is chemical free, and 100% natural. Best of all it worked great. Problem is that I have to repeat the treatment again this year because none of the neighbors treat their lawns so the infestation just keeps reoccurring.

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

Moody I have the same issue the guy that used to live next door (selling his house) didn't do a thing to his ard but mow once in awhile but me and my neihbor (professional landscaper) tke the extreme opposite approach but the last few years my yard has suffered and I finaly need to react because large patches can be pulled up by hand and the white grubs can be as many as a dozen in a 6x6 patch in areas. I have researched that Dylox is the choice of most professionals to where the nanatodes can only affect some species of grub but never the less I hope it isn't too far gone! I plan on pulling up as much of the damaged soil as can be removed by hand roughing up again with garden rake and treating with DYLOX if I can find it letting sit for 24 to 48 hrs and watering in for 2 hrs and then wait a week and fill in low spots with soil re- seed and straw cover then water lightly daily for a week or 2 then hope for the best. I just can't stand the look of a nasty yard especially after we just had new siding and roof done this summer. Any other suggestions are welcome please give your input.

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

Does anyone know where a guy can pick up Dylox ? I have tried all the box stores and nursuries along with multiple feed mills.Any help would be great trying to avoid online purchase don't have time the prime time to treat is now till mid Oct,