How to paint a porcelain wood stove

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander
Just found a great deal on a Hearthstone Heritage soapstone wood stove. The only bad thing about it is that the trim is 1990's blue porcelain. Is there a high temperature paint to repaint over porcelain?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Re: How to paint a porcelain wood stove

nothing to my knowledge that will stick and survive the heat

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander

Going to take a look at that stuff Bob. Looks like it might work if this is a porcelain stove. I am going to contact Hearthstone next week and find out if the 1990's models were porcelain. Yea Ga_boater, the new ones are enamel. This one I am looking at sure looks like porcelain......I hope it is enamel, sure would make painting easier. Thanks for looking that up. :)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey Cofe, a good enamel job should look like porcelain. I think you have a good chance it is enamel. Porcelain is kinda fragile, but hopefully Hearthstone will/can help you out.

Fishing Dude too

Lieutenant Junior Grade

If it is porclen enamal can't be painted easily as paint doesn't stick to glass.

dolluper

Captain

high temp paint 600+ will work getting the colour you want could be the challange ..... you have to shoot {spray cans} then heat it up for at least half hour ....I do headers with it in black no problem heating them up...worth some thought