Forest King Log Splitter LCT Engine

64osby

Admiral
Re: Forest King Log Splitter LCT Engine

Did you get a woody also ??. . :D . :)

?? Uh No, but I did make a big pile of woody.

I saw your comment earlier about a pellet stove. I know one guy up here that burns cherry pits. Priced less than pellets from what I hear.

kieche

Recruit

I guess i'm the guinee pig! I bought one put it together , Ran it for about 5 minits turned it off ,came back the next day, started it up But noticed 2 pieces of metal on the ground . A week later I started it up, 5 minutes later I heard a sudden thump when I checked it out the hydrulic cyclendar wouldn't work and I found 3 more pieces of metal on the ground. It seems to be the pump. So far I can't get any help but still trying. It's not even dirty except for dust . DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

LCT is one of the consortium clone engine companies based on the old Honda designs. LCT does have a US office with design control being maintained in the US. the LCT engines are in my mind better than Briggs and Stratton having more power and much lower warranty issues Briggs or Honda.

Now the rest of the log splitter I can not recommend. I would however recommend the Ariens 27T or 34T log splitter.

dolluper

Captain

Plastic chin-a crap stay where you know the product .....parts are fimsey to say the best some motors will last a season if you don't push RUN AWAY.....BE LUCKEY

hammerhandle

Petty Officer 3rd Class

after 2 hrs of use, im impressed with this menards unit, i was skeptical at first and did some homework and decided with the forest king,paid 699 with the rebate, couldnt go wrong with the price . ive split some big knotty pcs of oak and went right thru them. it does have a filter( located in tank) 14 sec cycle time, 11 gpm pump. 2 stage. ... i did hear of the coupling breaking though. read that some units didnt have the set screws tightened. i checked mine to make sure. no problems yet.