Cell phone dock

rbh

Fleet Admiral
So I have been mulling over away to get a second line into the house without getting a second landline (makes sense EH :confused:)

So I have come across these units that charge your cell phone and you can plug a real phone into them essentally giving yourself good old POTS service.

The second thing I would do is run a line to our nortel switch 8x24 dr5 ds and punch it down on one of the universal trunk card pairs.

Anyone done this, or something like this??????

If this works I can add the wifes phone for when she is home and find a cheap 2 port voice mail.

mables

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Cell phone dock

Since you already have the nortel system, can't you just get a google account and use their free number service and setup a voip phone with that number programmed into it? It's free and you already have the equipment. I have an android phone so when I call people I can choose to call them from my at&t number or my google number and both numbers will ring through to my phone.

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: Cell phone dock

Since you already have the nortel system, can't you just get a google account and use their free number service and setup a voip phone with that number programmed into it? It's free and you already have the equipment. I have an android phone so when I call people I can choose to call them from my at&t number or my google number and both numbers will ring through to my phone.

The thing about using your cell as a second line is my customers already have that #, as well when my landline is busy it auto calls forward to the cell #.