HF Tool Cart

i386

Captain
Anyone have one of these?

http://www.harborfreight.com/five-drawer-service-cart-95272.html

How's it holding up?

I stopped at the HF in Dothan, AL on the way down to Apalachicola last weekend. I was eyeballing their tool boxes while I was in there. This was one of the ones I looked at. It looked well made to me. I worked the drawers and they felt nice and smooth. These will be on sale this weekend for $159. Thinking of making a run up to ATL on Sat. to pick one up. I have got to find a better way to store my mechanic tools.

dolluper

Captain
Re: HF Tool Cart

Check Sears out I picked one up for the nephew on sale 4 under 200 like one of mine over 20 years old only problem a helper droped the jack on one drawer dented the puller ..still the drawer glides in and out just a dent on the puller front

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander

xxxflhrci

Chief Petty Officer

I don't have one, but have looked at HF's US General boxes. They look to be better made than the Craftsman boxes, especially the entry and mid level ones.

JustJason

Vice Admiral

If it helps you with your decisions. The craftsman boxes and most of the tool carts are made by Waterloo.

PGFISHER

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm putting together a senior creative workshop, and we are on a limited budget, Guess I'll be getting a cot and a hotplate and moving into harbor freight. Sounds like they have some great deals.

i386

Captain

Found a 20% off coupon in my latest Popular Science plus printed off a few of the ones linked earlier. We're making a run up to ATL tomorrow. There are 2 HF stores up there. I'll grab that toolbox if it looks as good as I remember and probably a few other goodies while I'm at it.

I hung pegboard in the "barn" out back several years ago. All my wrenches and sockets are on the pegboard nice and pretty like. Problem is, I don't work on anything back there. I end up taking a bucket to the barn and fill up with tools to take to the garage.

I can't take the insanity anymore!

i386

Captain

Well the deed is done. They wouldn't let me apply the 20% off coupon to the $199 sales price. The fine print states doesn't apply to toolboxes. Can't blame a guy for trying. In the tool reviews on HF I have read where guys used the coupon with the sale price so it doesn't hurt to try. It will be on sale for $159 after Thanksgiving but I didn't want to wait and drive back to ATL to save $40.

It's a very sturdy toolbox with ball bearing drawer slides. The casters are heavy duty with grease fittings for the spinner bearings and wheel bearings. I went ahead and greased 'em during assembly. The whole thing bolts together. I would recommend using a square before torquing everything down. Maybe high-end toolboxes are welded before powder coating?

I think it's a great value for the money. It looks tougher than any Craftsman toolbox I've seen in the last 10 years. Overall the fit and finish is better than what the box costs. Not at nice as a Snap-On box but nowhere near junk either or I would have left it sitting there. All the toolboxes they had in the "American General" brand looked like good stuff to me. They also had some "Storehouse" boxes that were not as good quality.

All I need now is a nice picture to go inside the lid.;)

dolluper

Captain

All I need now is a nice picture to go inside the lid.;)[/QUOTE]
X rated eh!