Great find

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Great find

Beefer,

Yes, once you stretch this stuff and wrap it around a few times, what it actually does is set up a chemical release in the tape and it welds itself together, the only way to get it off is to use a very sharp knife or razor blade. Once bonded, you can't separate it from itself. Another thing we made with it, was O-rings when we couldn't find the right sized one, wrap it around a round object like a dowel or a piece of pipe then roll it off.

I have seen used on Hydraulic hoses, radiator hoses, etc. It is really amazing stuff..

Thanks. I had a feeling it will work. I'll head over to West tomorrow (they have it for $9.99/roll), and I'll report back after I move the boat to the new house.

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral

I got some at Home Depot. They call it Stretch and Seal for abotu 7 bucks. It really does work good.

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander

Well, I said I'd report back, and unfortunately, I couldn't properly wrap the tape around the line, as there is zero clearance between the line and the transom. :( I'm going to try again, but this time disconnecting the accessible connection, which I hope will allow me to get the tape behind. We'll see. Oh, and I got the red color. :)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Going to pick up a roll when I see it somewhere. Worth a try and handy to have around for a few $ investment.

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

It sounds like something I need to keep on the boat. I'm going to get some too. I couldn't find it in the iboats store, but it looks like West Marine has it.