Forum acting weird or is it me?

lakelover

Rear Admiral
I'm still not getting notification emails for threads I'm watching, except I got a couple yesterday for one thread but none of the others.

Also, tonight when I'm trying to post, the smilies aren't working. Either using the keyboard or the "Smilies" icons in the WYSIWYG mode, it still comes out as regular typing in the thread.

F'rinstance: typed---:D using smilie buttons--:D EDIT: OK, that's weird, it works here but not in the Restoration board.

Anyone else having this? Doesn't matter whether I use IE or Firefox. "Disable smilies" box is unchecked.

Hmmm...

:p
;)
:D
:eek:

Seems to work here.

dolluper

Captain
Re: Forum acting weird or is it me?

You asked for it so suffer LOL's

MRS

Commander

I am not getting the e-mails sent to me, have not for a couple weeks now.

mnypitboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I havent been getting notifications either. I posted a question and the people responding probably think I am ignoring them. LOL.

perchin

Petty Officer 1st Class

What I have noticed is that even though I have my default set to email notifications to me, it stopped working last week. What I have found though is if I select instant email notification in the additional options menu of the reply screen I then will get them.... Weird

lakelover

Rear Admiral

What I have noticed is that even though I have my default set to email notifications to me, it stopped working last week. What I have found though is if I select instant email notification in the additional options menu of the reply screen I then will get them.... Weird

On mine, it is already selected when I go to the reply screen. I guess it'll get sorted out eventually.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

On mine, it is already selected when I go to the reply screen. I guess it'll get sorted out eventually.

Want the Official Answer? ;)

There has been an on-going switching of server's, upgrades and tweaks to the forum. I have spoken with iboats about the issues and that is what I have found out. (Happening at iboats Headquarter's and far away from anyone here)

Each time an issue arises it is looked into.

I do not have a time-line answer of when it will be done.

Please be patient.

perchin

Petty Officer 1st Class

huh....must be the squealing pig gets fed...:D

Mine must be restored cuz I got a flurry of emails this morning from all that I have replied to and started..thanks guys:redface:

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Just be happy the forum is working good!:D

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander

(Happening at iboats Headquarter's and far away from anyone here)

Hmmm... seeing as we have members from all over the world.... what planet is iboats HQ on...???? hmmmm..... :D:D:D

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Want the Official Answer? ;)

There has been an on-going switching of server's, upgrades and tweaks to the forum. I have spoken with iboats about the issues and that is what I have found out. (Happening at iboats Headquarter's and far away from anyone here)

Each time an issue arises it is looked into.

I do not have a time-line answer of when it will be done.

Please be patient.

Good to know it's not something I'm screwing up. Knowing that, I can be patient. Thanks.

Gromulin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Glad it's not just me that is not getting email notifications AT ALL.

I'll just wait for the email notification when it's fixed, then.

Wait...uh....

LadyFish

Admiral

Even I'm not getting notifications. Hopefully things will get straightened out pretty soon.

stic88

Petty Officer 1st Class

ladyfish- that was just part of the conspiracy, throw a mod. in the mix and the unsuspecting forum user will never catch on to their plan to disrupt emails all over the world.