Got a free trampoline; how do I stretch the net?

KRS

Banned
Trying to get the net stretched on this round trampoline, and it seems way too tight.

What's the trick?

KRS

Boatenheimer

Cadet
Re: Got a free trampoline; how do I stretch the net?

Put 4 in an X

Place 1 halfway between each of those

Now another halfway between each of those

Then one every 3rd opening as you go around and around and around

EDIT It helps to have helpers (other people)

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

I folded mine in quarters and marked them with tape then hooked them up around the tramp the rest fell into place, if its new it will be tight but give it time it will loosen up alot.

mkast

Lieutenant Commander

Place one spring on the loop of the net, use another spring on the pig tail of the spring on the net and pull.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Oh yeah and when your done go back to the guy that gave it to you and punch him in the head!! LOL

Brewman61

Ensign

Homer Simpson took a free trampoline from Krusty The Clown. After crippling most of the neighborhood kids by charging them to use the tramp, he tried to take it back. Krusty was sittin on his porch with a shotgun, pointed it at Homer, and said "Keep right on driving". Much hilarity ensued as he tried to get rid of the thing.

Mntom

Petty Officer 2nd Class

When you go to put the net (as you call it) just hook up one spring. Then go to the fifth spring away and hook that one. Continue around hooking every fifth spring. Once you get to where you started just continue around hooking up the spring to either side of the one you hooked on the first round. Continue walking around hooking up springs one at a time until you get all of them hooked. It takes me five times around mine (17') to hook all the springs up.

mscher

Lieutenant

Some trampolines come with a hook on a handle, used to grab the pad hooks and pull them towards the slots.

If you don't have the hook, I have had some luck tightening a pair of vise-grips, on the backs of the hooks and use the VG to pull them towards the locking slots.

Get ready to swear, when they slip.

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander

Get my ex GF to jump on it.... Then your next post will be... Got a free trampoline...:eek::DHow do I tighten the net:cool:

Adjuster

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am an independent adjuster for several insurance carriers. All the carriers I work for send out an immediate cancellation letter if a trampoline is discovered on insured property.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I had one, heed all of these posts . . .