Best ways to kill a skunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmat1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Best ways to kill a skunk?

My cousin shot a skunk in the head after trapping it and it sprayed them as it died. It got into their trucks and all over them. He ended up puking from it.
When I was in college, my mammology teacher told us that if we caught a skunk when we were trapping to cover it with a blanket and then they put the cage in a trash bag and hooked it up to the exhaust of the car and killed it that way.

Now theres an idea:D beat the heat with my cars a/c while killing the skunk.. genious!

I did not get out to buy a trap today so i kind of made one. its a modified cage that our dog grew out of; i made the door swing from the top so when the skunk walked in, and hit a piece of fishing line, it would pull out a pin and the door would fall down and close.
if it dosent work; off to harbor freight tommorow :D

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

I did not get out to buy a trap today so i kind of made one. its a modified cage that our dog grew out of; i made the door swing from the top so when the skunk walked in, and hit a piece of fishing line, it would pull out a pin and the door would fall down and close.
if it dosent work; off to harbor freight tommorow :D

You have GOT to post a picture of this!!!!!:D

pmat1

Petty Officer 1st Class

My mom really likes the exhaust poisioning idea as it pretty much puts it to sleep. But i gots me a itchy trigger finger :mad:

Well i cant seem to find the $8 i need to buy a trap at HF. i am thinking of gassing its den, but i dont know if it will work. this thing NEEDS to die because this weekend my 80 something year old retired nasa rocket scientist uncle is coming up and will be camping in his rv in the yard... this is a disaster waiting to happen unless i catch the mother******.

my trap that i made didnt work, there was no peanut butter left and the door was wide open.:mad: now its war!

pmat1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hmm, my friend has some m-80's. Maybe if he can scare it out of its den i can shoot it. but it sounds like a bad idea.

jackangel

Seaman Apprentice

GAS THE DEN!!!!!!

If you know where the den is, use a shop vac hose and some rags and just gas it for like 30 mins of so, dont know if it will work, but if you post some pics at least it can entertain everyone, 'cours that just my two cents, and they ain't worth much:D

Status
Not open for further replies.