Walnuts verse Spiders

puddle jumper

Captain
Has any one herd that if you put walnuts in your windows and any were that spiders can come in it will deter them from coming in. I herd this from some guys at work. The way thay said it,it sounded credible. Apparently the oil in the nut is what thay don't like.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
Re: Walnuts verse Spiders

Retired.....bored...Shotgun...BOOM...keeps the 2 legged riff-away too....'nother piece of redneck plastic..wait fer the next..:D

Kidding, ..try a galllon of perimeter spary..any H+G store..

puddle jumper

Captain

We have done that with the spray. What do you think wives tail or truth?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Never heard of walnuts, but hedge apples work real well. I put several on the sill board around my foundation in my basement. I first thought people were just yakking about it working,,,,,but they do work. Been cob web free for the last several years since finding out the truth on the hedge apples. Just make sure they are sitting in an old pie tin. They tend to rot and get messy after a few months. Not much of an oder either. Good luck.......SS

rwise

Captain

Now is that black walnuts or english walnuts? Either way I don't think it works, now fox urine around the house will help keep out mice!

byacey

Chief Petty Officer

How does one go about collecting fox urine? We have quite a few running around here, but they won't let me get near with a mason jar.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I've heard that hedge apples work too but around here we call them Osage Oranges.

Nandy

Commander

Byacey, go to a sporting good store. Hunters usually use fox/coon urine for scent cover.

byacey

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks for the tip Nandy. Even if they let me get close with the jar, it's still difficult to get them to **** into it!!

rwise

Captain

be sure those are 4 legged foxes :D

I bought mine @ bass pro

byacey

Chief Petty Officer

I think you guys are just making fun of me now. My cousin tried to collect some skunk fat once because someone told him it was a good salve for skin burns and other afflictions. I don't want a similar incident happening to me!!

i386

Captain

How does one go about collecting fox urine? We have quite a few running around here, but they won't let me get near with a mason jar.

:D:D:D

Set the jar beside the house and tack up a news paper to the wall. If he's got something to read he's more inclined to use the jar.

Nandy

Commander

I think you guys are just making fun of me now. My cousin tried to collect some skunk fat once because someone told him it was a good salve for skin burns and other afflictions. I don't want a similar incident happening to me!!

I dont know about skunk fat, but snake oil is used in my country for a number of ailments. I kid you not. Im serious.

i386

Captain

It's a wonder i survived childhood. Clorox, kerosene, chewing tobacco, and occasionally diesel fuel cured everything.

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

:D:D:D

Set the jar beside the house and tack up a news paper to the wall. If he's got something to read he's more inclined to use the jar.

i386, it's possible that you are nuts, but thats hillarious :D:D:D!!

jimyoung

Petty Officer 1st Class

i386 I am still LMAO......but seriously now....close the window...they wont come in.;)

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

You all are a trip :D. I386 lol you are something else lol. Puddle Jumper it sounds like the guys feed you BS at work like my uncles try to feed me BS around here :D.

My brother had a bottle of Deer urine in his brand new hunting jacket, well the bottle leaked out in his pocket lol.

Lone Duck

Master Chief Petty Officer

spose you are going to tell us the bucks would not leave your uncle alone, so he had to wrestle them into the deep freeze.:D