Washer dont spin

oddjob

Commander
Well, I think ladyfish jinx me. My washer stopped agitating and spinning. I looked under and saw that there is no belt to replace. the motor is making a louder noise than normal. <br /><br />Anyone had this experience that can give me suggestions. Maybe a clutch, linkage or it ait worth the trouble.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: Washer dont spin

direct drive? no belt? r u sure?<br />never had a washer like that myself... <br />wish I could be more help.

oddjob

Commander

I'm pretty sure..the motorshaft vertical and centered under the drum.

one more cast

Captain

oddjob, Would you post the make and model of your washer so I can look up a diagram?

KennyKenCan

Commander

Just steal your kids "Sit & Spin".<br /><br />Put it under the washer, and just spin it really, really fast.<br /><br />Bet ya it gets all the water out and it'll save you lots of money in parts.<br /><br /> :D :) :cool: :D

BiXLL

Petty Officer 1st Class

sounds like your clutch went out. They are much easier to replace then I ever thought! Most manufacturers have detailed instructions, almost a repair manual on their websites for all their models. Go to your local appliance parts store, and you can probobly get it running like new for around $30.00!!!!!

scamper

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey oddjob, just a thought but did ya put the 50 cents in? :D

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

what are you doing near the washer....don't you know that is WOMAN'S WORK :D :D <br /><br />Now I have to hide this post or I will have to answer to the all WONDERFUL WIFE :D <br /><br />Sorry, just had to chime in, although I provided not 1 ounce of useful information.

Stratosfied

Ensign

I think that you can get the diagrams of most appliances online at sears.com.

oddjob

Commander

Thanks alot fellas. :) :D .and BTW I do wash my own clothes.... The wife always lets my permenent press wrinkle :mad: She also uses hot water which wears clothes out too fast. The wife also works and complains alot and argues about who does what so I like to do things for myself so they get done like I like it or so it gets done at all. <br /><br />One more cast I didnt have a chance yet to get serial, I'll see what I can turn up on the internet and let you guys know what happened.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

oddjob, you do not stand alone in the laundry room. Diffrent reasons but you are not alone. Don't let these guys that let there wifes "allow them to think they are in charge" :eek: give you no flak. :D

Scooby

Seaman

Hey oddjob,<br /> More than likely your motor coupler broke, very common on direct drive models. Use that appliance aid link above, very good site. Parts will run you about $10 at any appliance parts store and the job should only take about an hour. It's easier than you think, good luck

aspeck

Staff member

Be careful when working on the washer, oddjob. THe last time I "fixed" mine, it was supposed to be an hour repair but ended up being about 2 1/2 hours -- it took 1 1/2 hours to stop the bleeding on my finger - those metal edges are sharp!<br /><br />And my wife and I split the washing detail - although she does more than I do. It did take about 2 years to get her to iron the shirts the way I like them, but she was willing to learn, and now does a great job!

mikecjn

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'd have to agree with GT...I just had to replace my motor coupler. It was really cheap, I think around $10 and only took about 1/2 an hour to change out. Take a look under the washer and see if there is a little pile of black rubber dust under the coupler or if you have a slight rubber burning smell.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Quote____<br /><br />oddjob, you do not stand alone in the laundry room. Diffrent reasons but you are not alone. Don't let these guys that let there wifes "allow them to think they are in charge" give you no flak. <br /><br />-_________________________________________<br /><br />I made that comment just to live up the place :D I too do most of the wash (yes, even the misses) as I get home before her and have MY chores to do to keep her happy... :D :D <br /><br />The more chores I do during the week allows me to spend more time on the weekend fishing :) :) <br /><br />Now that's some good news :D <br /><br />ps.....I even do the dishes :eek:

oddjob

Commander

No worry, I dont take it personal..I took it the way you intended. :)