MY dream car?

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
if you could buy any car ever made, brand new off<br />the floor today, what would it be and why?<br />so hard to chose, (I know) so double posts are<br />welcome. <br />think my first choice would be a nice muscle car.<br />1967 chevelle SS convertible :D <br />why? beautiful lines and really fast. perfect<br />wife! er, I mean ride :p

KennyKenCan

Commander
Re: MY dream car?

If I could have any car, no doubt about it...<br /><br />Duesenburg SJ!<br /><br />Any year, any model!<br /><br />Why...size!<br /><br />I love big cars, and no one made them any bigger, or more beautiful, or more powerful than a Duesenburg.<br /><br />It truely would be a "Duesey"!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

curious Kenny... got a pic. of one?<br />also like big cars! drive a deville :p <br />grew up 3 blocks from pierce arrow factory in<br />Bflo.

KennyKenCan

Commander

mellow,<br /><br />I don't have a photo, but you must remember those big giant cars from the 1920's and 1930's.<br /><br />Clarke Gable had one.<br /><br />I will see if I can find a photo on google or something.

KennyKenCan

Commander

Hey mellow,<br /><br />I found one of them there Duesenburgs.<br /><br />I hope it comes through.<br /><br />
fa624087.jpg.thumb.jpg

LubeDude

Admiral

Just my wife an I, and we have a two seater now, Mazda RX/7!! I think I could stand a new C6 Corvette!! I really can appriciate the design and engineering! Made in the USA!! She want a new PT Cruiser!! :rolleyes: <br /><br />
c6vette1_-_MT.jpg
<br /><br />LubeDude

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ohhh. The Duesey! What a car that was. . .a palace on wheels.<br /><br />But a motorhead's dream, too! 1932 SJ had 465 cubic inch straight eight. Twin overhead cams, 32 valves, supercharger.<br /><br />Our neighbor, Dr. Forbes, had one. Hood a block long. Always drove it himself. He took my brother and me for a ride once. 90mph in second gear!! I'll never forget that.<br /><br />But my dream car. . . for what I want and like. . .my Mercedes Benz ML320. Luxury car, tow truck, ranch road and range path cruiser.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

For me, a 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 s/c... :D <br /><br />Gotta love those Dusenbergs too...

KennyKenCan

Commander

Glad I'm not the only one who knows about them Duesey's, JB.<br /><br />135.7 MPH in 1934!<br /><br />That was unheard of!<br /><br />Although you have one up on me JB...I have yet to get a ride in one. :(

CCrew

Chief Petty Officer

You all just plain set your sights too low. <br /><br />Mine's a McClaren F1. 240 miles per hour of custom built street legal terror. <br /> Right Here <br /><br />Roger

LubeDude

Admiral

Kenny:<br /><br />Na, Na, Nananananana!!!!<br /><br />No, Not really!!<br /><br />I was just lucky with that one! At home I would load it to my photoshop program, enlarge it, then post it to my host!<br /><br />Much depends on where you find the picture and what resolution it is! If it is a thumbnail picture, click on it and it will come up larger and them right click it for the address! If you right click on a thumnail picture it will be small when it shows up!<br /><br />Where did you get the picture of the Dusenburg? I found the C6 picture on Google buy just selecting images then typing in C6 Corvette, several came up!!<br /><br />Hope this helps!!<br /><br />LubeDude

BRIAN03

Petty Officer 1st Class

I always love the big blocks Chevys. Had a few of them. My dream car would be a 68 Dart Hemi. Love A990 hemi too. Thunderbolts are cool and 63 Z-11 Impaler. Maybe a bone stock Mopar shell no crome and a mountain motor (Huge cubes)900cid. and the drive drain to go with the engine. Something to go get grocerys in. Thanks for letting me dream. PS. Some Cam2 or VP racing fuel in the my garage.

mattttt25

Commander

well, just looked at the new '04 ford 150's. wow. i'd take the supercrew fx4 with 18 inch wheels, power everything, tow package, and moon roof. that's enough for me right now.

mattttt25

Commander

also, my buddy has a 1970 cuda aar. black on black. supposedly only 8 were ever made. i took it for a spin once. wouldn't mind having that car.

dhud64

Petty Officer 1st Class

I like lube dudes Corvette! Aren't they talking 500 Horsies under the hood?<br />Our friend has an '02 ZO6 'vette. SWEET! :cool:

FLATHEAD

Commander

You guys can have that factory new stuff if you want. I'll stick with the good old stuff.<br />33 Willys<br />
rhin33.jpg