spark tester

bubbakat

Captain
does anyone know where I can get my hands on a drawing to make a home made spark tester for my outboards.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: spark tester

Whutsa matter bubba...you to tight to buy one? :D :D <br /><br />I know...darn things are expensive. Afore I got fancy and bought one, I took a square of plywood and mounted four long screws from each corner aiming at the center. I ground the screw ends to a point also. In the center of the plywood, I rigged a post for ground with a large alligator clip comin' out the back. I could then adjust the screws for different gaps. All I did was run the spark plug wires to the screw heads, clipped the clip to a good ground. Crude...but it worked.

jimchere

Petty Officer 1st Class

How 'bout the easiest way which educated me years ago:<br />Father: Son, come here and hold this for a minute.<br />Son: %*#%$!<br />Father: Good spark! Now go wash your mouth out with soap.

ndemge

Commander

hahaha<br /><br />on the car, I just pull the plug, sit it next to something metal and watch for spark, sometimes gotta hold it with a pliers and hope the insulation is still good.

bubbakat

Captain

have done that father and son bit and I was the son and that is the reason I am deathly cautious of those things.<br /> My grandfather had a saying that you didn't need to touch something that ran thru a wire so fast you couldn't see it. :D :D

one more cast

Captain

My dad ,god rest his soul, used to grab the wire and give the rope a yank. He would say "ouch, ouch ,ouch,ouch, watch the vain on my arm, ouch, ouch, ouch"

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

ROFLMAO!!!! (Jimchere)<br /><br />Yeah SBN....put as many screws on it as ya' need. Just need to make the base a little bigger.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

That's a too painful if you are as absent minded as i am ,i'm sure you're not. Just how much does one of those spark tester thingamijig cost anyway?