fire wood

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
Re: fire wood

A cord of firewood is 4'x4'x8' plain and simple. Or any dimension that adds up to 128 feet squared.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That's a full cord, as Neumanns says, but it is 128 cubic feet, not square feet.<br /><br />If you are buying it, though, you will usually get a "face" cord, which is a 4'X 8' stack, one log deep, or around 64 cubic feet.<br /><br />Be sure what you are getting before eyou agree on price.<br /><br />Good luck.

dansoph

Petty Officer 3rd Class

thanks for your help. i access to 4 or 5 good size oak trees and i'm cutting them up now. i wasn't sure how many cord i have. also it's for sale. thanks again

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

dansoph,<br /><br />Around here in Ohio, most wood is sold by the truck load. Pickup load is about 35 to 40.<br />A 1 ton dump brings 50 to 60.<br /><br />Is the standing trees green, or have they been dead for awhile? If green, you should wait a season for it to dry out. Just an opinion.....SS

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I thought to myself, squared doesent seam right as i typed that. Never gave it another thought, Thanks JB.

dansoph

Petty Officer 3rd Class

it's for sale now green in your yard or green in mine. around here the last i heard was a cord went for $150 or better.