Heater fan switch in a Jeep Wrangler

bay5884

Seaman
I haven't even taken the dash apart yet, but I'm assuming my problem is just corrosion that needs to be cleaned. I have a 97 Wrangler and 4 heater/AC fan settings are now low, low, low, and high! :eek: :rolleyes: <br /><br />Any other ideas or anyone ever experience this problem? With the cold, wind and snow we had last week, I was just glad it wasn't low, low, low and low! :D :eek: :D

D

DJ

Re: Heater fan switch in a Jeep Wrangler

bay,<br /><br />It could possibly be the blower motor resistor.<br /><br />Look on top of the heater-A/C case under the hood. You may find several wires going to a device that sticks down into the case.<br /><br />There is also probably a relay right next to it. That should also be checked.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Start the Jeep, turn the fan on medium, rap the motor housing a few times with a wrench or screwdriver handle.<br /><br />If it kicks in, replace the motor.

bay5884

Seaman

Thanks for the reply djohns..I plan on checking it out this weekend. <br /><br />Gotta get the hell outa here (work that is) and the home computer is down, so thanks in advance to anyone else who has some insight! :D <br /><br />"On a wintery day, driving a Jeep is like driving a large square tent strapped to a canoe down railroad tracks in a hurricane...and I love every minute" :D :cool: