bed liners

rivercat49

Seaman Apprentice
Does Anyone have any experience or reccomendations on sprayed on truck bed liners?

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander
Re: bed liners

ive been checking into a LOT Of them lately, and I really like this bedrug thing that texas skeeter has<br /><br />what I have heard about the spray ons is that water can get beneath them and rot out the bed, but I guess that depends on the skill of the applicator<br /><br />check out the local talent in your area, see who does the best work, seems that the way its put on is ultimately more important than the WHAT of whats put on<br /><br />Im sure more posts will follow!<br /><br /> :cool:

NOSLEEP

Commander

Ive seen lots of box liner come and go over the <br />years.<br />The best liners are the most expensive. because<br />of product and application costs.<br />The right liner for you will depend on what kind<br />of abuse you intend to put it through.<br />Personally I like a hot sprayed polyurethane liner<br />they stop rust, have a contoured fit, and are <br />none slip.<br />I have this type of liner sprayed on industrial,<br />and oilfield equipment. Around here it costs<br />about $500.00 for a long bed application.<br />Drop in liners can trap dirt and moisture <br />especially wood liners. And when it gets very <br />cold here, plastic drop in liners can crack and<br />warp.These type of liners cost only around a couple<br />hundred dollars.<br />Remember its not what you pay, Its what you get<br />for what you pay.

backdraft

Petty Officer 1st Class

Rivercat, Diamond Liner and LineX are both outstanding. They are indestuctable. They are also easier on the knees unlike those plastic pieces of hmmm. nevjb

11 footer

Lieutenant

I disslike the spray in bedliners, reason being that you can't "slide" anything on them. They are like a tattoo also, once you put one of them suckers in your stuck with it.<br /><br />My uncle put one in this 2002 Toyate Taccoma, and when I was stacking loading it with firewood I wouldent silde anything it, everything stuck to it.<br /><br />My dad has a factory bedliner in his 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 and its been okay for us. Most people don't like them because they rattle, but the new ones are tight.<br /><br />The bed rugs look nice, real nice actually. But one of them would get trashed in a week in our truck. If your going to use your truck for dayley driveing and don't haul anything in the bed, go for it.

dhud64

Petty Officer 1st Class

I use line-x for our work trucks at local municipality.<br />I guess it depends on what you need.<br />No- stuff doesn't slide around in there!<br />We carry heavy manhole lids etc in ours and it seems indistructable!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

LinX is what I had applied in my then new 99 F150--is now over 4 years old, everything from gravel to oil leaking ATV in there--no solar damage either--real tuff and a lifetime warranty--<br />--imo--this is the way to go--