Craftsman grinder

Howard Sterndrive

Rear Admiral
Does anyone recognize this type of power tool cord? This is on a craftsman (Canada) grinder probably 30 years old. it's the detachable cord but I notice what looks like Black & Decker logo to me would like to find a replacement cord the grinder still works great. I went down all the usual rabbit holes with online tool Parts sites and Craftsman which is American this is a Canadian only made tool. Craftsman Canada's long out of business.

Attachments

• photo335618.jpg
    photo335618.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • photo335619.jpg
    photo335619.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • photo335620.jpg
    photo335620.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Good luck finding parts for an Italian unit made prior to the EU.

Most electrical components have long since been obsoleted or replaced by CE compliment components

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Looks like time to replace the input module on that grinder. You can remove that setup and use a piece of aluminum plate with a grommet and wire the grinder direct with the cord. Then it will work and probably never ever have to deal with it ever again. Easy Peasy...

Howard Sterndrive

Rear Admiral
I never noticed the Italy until now. That says Star/Black and Decker for sure. Also weird how it says 120v ac/dc.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
a standard chord will plug in, just not lock in place.

however if the end of your chord is good where it locks in and only the rest is bad, just find a long extension chord and splice it to replace the bad section.

my 35 year old craftsman angle grinder needed a new chord. so after christmas one year when they were selling green extension chords for under $1, I replaced the chord on my grinder with a 50' green cord.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
buy a new metabo and be done with it. Their new quick change nut is the bomb.