Got my 1st gas Pressure washer,hope I got enough psi

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
I have always bought electric pressure washers but they always seemed to lack some power.Not bad but certainly not GREAT. I saw what looked like an excellent buy .Westinghouse 2700 psi with a 212cc motor.I was about to purchase a Westinghouse 3200 but when I compared the 2 i noticed that they both had the same size motor while many other brands had smaller motors. I went on the assumption that spending an additional $100 for the 3200 psi didnt make sense since the engines were the same.Got it and it started on the first pull ,seemed to have plenty of power but a dirty boat bottom in October will tell if I made the right choice.reminded me of years ago when i was buying a 15 HP outboard.The sales rep was a friends son and brought to my attention that the same brand 9.9 was the EXACT same motor with a slightly different carb that allowed it to rev to higher rpms.He assured me that there was no way to justify paying more for the 15 and I took his word on it(after looking into it on my own.) he was right!!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Not sure which pressure washer you bought, but since both had the same engine, the RPM's isn't the difference. Did they both have the same pressure water pump? If so then the only difference is in the pressure pump setup. The pressure is regulated via a spring system and if the spring is heavier it will produce higher pressure, but unless you know what you are doing, I would simply use it like you bought it. With that said, be real cautious when washing a boat. The high orifice tip can easily blow a hole through the hull if you are not careful...

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Not sure which pressure washer you bought, but since both had the same engine, the RPM's isn't the difference. Did they both have the same pressure water pump? If so then the only difference is in the pressure pump setup. The pressure is regulated via a spring system and if the spring is heavier it will produce higher pressure, but unless you know what you are doing, I would simply use it like you bought it. With that said, be real cautious when washing a boat. The high orifice tip can easily blow a hole through the hull if you are not careful...

Bought the 2700 with 2.3 gpm where the 3200 is 2.5 gpm so i think I did the right thing.BTW ,it aint blowing a hole through any of my hulls.Charlie

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I have a 3600 psi x 2.5 gpm unit. Not going anywhere near the boat with it....lol.

Bought it to clean/remove the leaf and mold stains from the pebbled concrete surrounding the inground pool.

It’s been my experience that flow trumps pressure. Needs the flow to wash away the residue