Any glass or window installers here?

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer
Totally unrelated to boats but I've always found this to be THE BEST online forum to ask any question, hands down. My father's house has a large, approx. ten foot by 6 foot oval top window. Anderson. Installed in 1997. The last few years, it has started to have these weird "bubbles" appear. Kinda purple. Tried to clean them, but they seem to be in between the panes. Is that possible? Anything can be done except replacing the entire window? Would the warranty still be active? Thanks. See the pictures below.

Attachments

• photo323877.jpg
    photo323877.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo323878.jpg
    photo323878.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 0

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Totally unrelated to boats but I've always found this to be THE BEST online forum to ask any question, hands down. My father's house has a large, approx. ten foot by 6 foot oval top window. Anderson. Installed in 1997. The last few years, it has started to have these weird "bubbles" appear. Kinda purple. Tried to clean them, but they seem to be in between the panes. Is that possible? Anything can be done except replacing the entire window? Would the warranty still be active? Thanks. See the pictures below.
The window more than likely lost the seal (retaining the inert gas) between the two panes of glass.

No solution except replace the entire window