Recommendations ? Need to go up to WIN 10

sam am I

Commander
Hear, hear.........Typing this right now on the good ole XP laptop!! 10 definitely soured me even more than ever with MS. It is very intrusive, it took over most if not all of my 7 because I agreed to use it? For crap sakes

Sorta like some phone apps we get these days we agree to use and if we do agree to use it, you are subject to intrusion in many different forms because "that's how it works". This is becoming BS.

Rant()

{
I love how some companies (Weather Channel for example) are pushing their "wonderful wonderful free better than ever" apps down our throats.... Once you use it, they can now control your viewing content at 100%!!! Don't buy in!!

Don't fall pray I say, keep your simple browser such as firefox, etc to navigate to their web site where you can keep control of what you want to see. If they notice your ad blocker etc is on and not allow you to see content until you turn it off, screw um, move on.

Or better yet? I know it not free to provide certain services/content, I get it!! Then at least give me an option to subscribe for a nominal fee and not have to be subjected to all kinds of crap. I like most ppl, give to Wiki every year. Don't make sneaky apps designed to control content so as to infiltrate adds into my life if i use it because getting the "app is free". Such BS!!

MS Win 10 just a desktop OS phone app system now that is and has just as many app driven programs, they're doing exactly what the above example is doing but bundled it up in a nice package for us called "Win 10".......With their apps they've integrated into 10, they now control what you see and how you use it, you now are their subjects using their tools.........

Last edited:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I absolutely hate the Win10 interface ( I swear girls designed it and made it to be pretty and fun) but, had to upgrade a few of our PC's due to new required software requiring 10, i.e., not supporting 7 any longer (grrrrrrr)........My work around? A shell.....

http://www.classicshell.net/
If you can avoid 10, I would stick with 7 as long as possible, I have 4 or 5 other machines here still on 7 and keeping them that way. Of course I have machines at home, I still use and are still running on 95, 98, Millennium and XP

I agree with both Win 10 being designed by millennial girls.....

I have one machine at home with Win7 which is almost as stable as my XP pro.....

then I have the workstation at work with Win 10 that is the most unstable POS software I have had the misfortune of being forced to use. for personal use, i would rather sit nekked over a honeybadger hole than use Win 10