Kids razor 360 scooter- replaced battery. Won’t turn on at all

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer
My kids razor 360 scooter wouldn’t hold a charge, so I replaced the battery. Now, the switch wont light up or anything. I replaced the switch, still nothing. I bench charged the battery so I know its good. Figure a fuse blew, but cant seem to find a fuse anywhere in there. Any ideas? Thanks!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
did you put the battery in backwards?

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer
You mean did i switch the positive and negative connections? No, red to pos, black neg.

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
Test the battery. Wouldn't be the first time a new battery had a dead cell.

Beyond that, start tracing wires with a multimeter. I imagine the circuit is pretty simple on those things. Battery to switch to throttle to motor and back to battery. There may be a fuse in line, maybe not.

Also make sure that the battery is identical as the old one. Volts and amps. Does it run a 6v or 12v?

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
I stand corrected. A little more complicated than I thought. I don't see any fuses in the line, time to start cleaning connections and checking to see if they are tight. It does call for a 12v battery

razor-powerrider-360-wiring-diagram.jpg

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer
Update- the multimeter on the battery registered fine (14v), but at the battery connector, it registered zero. I replaced the lead connector on the end of the wires that connect to the battery (the first time, the lead connectors were for smaller wires) and now have power! I had no idea too small connectors could burn out. Thanks guys.