facebook / etsy business questions

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Since I'm still jobless and about out of home projects, I've decided to start monetizing my hobbies and quit giving it all to friends and family as presents. I'm looking into etsy for things that I can ship and FB for larger items that don't make sense to ship.

Any tips on either of those platforms?

southkogs

Staff member
I've looked at Etsy a couple of times. I never sold anything on it, but my daughter has. From all that I've seen, it's a decent platform. A nice easy way to start out selling on the web. The biggest down side (or hurdle, perhaps) is getting noticed and driving business to your products.

Facebook I know nothing about.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
start with facebook marketplace as an individual. see if there is traction. Etsy is far more reaching. there is also Evilbay and Amazon.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I created a FB page (really nothing there yet) and have a web page started (nothing there yet either). I was hoping to start selling my beef jerky today but apparently I ordered the wrong size food envelopes. It would hold about one bite...

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
any experience with Ecwid as shopping cart? They look the easiest and most integrated wiht the various platforms (website/FB/Instagram/etc) and a seemingly good paypal interface.