Fit up lube for PVC fittings?

harringtondav

Commander
I'm stubbing in DWV under our basement concrete floor. I have to get the toilet and two drain locations near perfect since it will be cast in stone. Doing a dry fit up with sharpie marks is a challenge since these fittings are nearly impossible to rotate and disassemble dry. I'm thinking of using a silicone lube for the fit up, and cleaning them up afterward with acetone before solvent weld.

Any better thoughts?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Plastic is porous enough you may not get it clean What ever you put on there will effect the glue joint

Mock up the stubs, ad elbows, then measure your straights. You will be +/- more with joint slip while the joint cement cures than you will with measurements

harringtondav

Commander
Plastic is porous enough you may not get it clean What ever you put on there will effect the glue joint

Mock up the stubs, ad elbows, then measure your straights. You will be +/- more with joint slip while the joint cement cures than you will with measurements

Thanks Scott. I did this, and partially dry fitted, rotated and marked for the angles....I held off on the beer and stogie breaks until I finished the ciphering. No scrap and the stubs came out on target.

River basement stub in.jpg