House circuit breaker fuse wont flip back to on

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer
hello all- my kitchen lights and electrical plugs wont turn on. I see the fuse (see attached) wont flip back to on. I turn it all the way off, then on, and nothing. I checked the GFCI plugs and reset them all. I unplugged everything in case there is an overload- nothing. could the circuit breaker have broken? Any advice? Thanks!

Attachments

• photo314684.jpg
    photo314684.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 0

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
hello all- my kitchen lights and electrical plugs wont turn on. I see the fuse (see attached) wont flip back to on. I turn it all the way off, then on, and nothing. I checked the GFCI plugs and reset them all. I unplugged everything in case there is an overload- nothing. could the circuit breaker have broken? Any advice? Thanks!

Typical failure mode for a circuit breaker.

If the new breaker trips, I suspect a damaged wire somewhere in the circuit.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Probably a bad breaker, I just lost a 50 map in the shop last week, same situation.

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
It is most likely the breaker has gone bad. I’ve seen thus numerous times. Replace the breaker, that should fix it for you. If the new breaker trips immediately then you probably have a short. I’m pretty sure it’s your breaker.

dwco5051

Commander
Looks like Pushmatic breakers from what I can make out in the picture. If so I am 100% with those who say faulty breaker.

bigdee

Commander
Turn off main breaker then try to reset breaker, if it won't reset while power is off it is a bad breaker.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Just be careful, the Shocking Truth of Electricity can be Fatal.

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer
closing the loop- the electrician came and replaced the main breaker, that was it.