Frankenwasher

harringtondav

Commander
This started when I wanted a pressure washer and had a left over Tecumseh Sno-king 5 hp engine from a Frankensnowblower project. I bought a Comet AXD pump, hoses, wand, and a cart from Northern Tool. Feeling pretty smug 'cause I had less $$ into it than an equivalent 3000 psi ready to go washer.

Worked OK for a couple years, but the Tecumseh was 1/2 worn out, and started killing with wand release before the unloader valve could unload. So off to Harbor Freight for a $99 6.5 hp Honda knock off. Now I was up to retail $$ into the thing. But that HF engine is unstoppable. I was able to reduce my nozzle orifices one size and the engine still doesn't care.

Frankenwasher.jpg

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Going by your title, I expected one of these;

lockw.png or lockw1.png maybe one of these lockw2.png

:lol:

You're still are ahead $-wise, aren't you?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
snow blower motors dont like temps above 45F (since they are designed for cold weather operation)

those HF knock-offs are great..... until they need parts.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
snow blower motors dont like temps above 45F (since they are designed for cold weather operation)

Not hard to find parts for them, they use a lot of the same parts the engines on the MTD and Arens motors do, the Chinese motors are actually getting pretty common around here.

harringtondav

Commander

I agree. No parts. But the way I look at HF products is you could buy a Honda GX 200 for $400, or buy four HF Predator 6.5 throw away engines, one at a time @ $99 sale. When I buy HF stuff I hook it up and run it on its knees for several hrs to smoke out any infant failures. If it lives, it'll likely last quite a while.

I have a Chineseium knock off 3" Honda trash pump that I used heavily for pond dredging. The original cheepo ceramic pump seal failed. I bought a Honda carbide seal that slid right in, and works fine. Like someone told me: You gotta know the parts source....of the knock off.