need hitch advice for 2003 Kodiak 450 4x4 ATV

starcentral

Seaman Apprentice
I picked up a 2003 Kodiak 450 ATV I honestly don't know much about other then it runs great. Anyone know who sells a hitch attachment so I can install one on it?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
I would go with the Moose aftermarket one google it and not too bad of a price [h=1]Moose Three-way Trailer Hitch - M92-41100[/h] I have a similar type one on my 700 King Quad and it has enough options to hook up to it. I tend to avoid the receiver type hitches on atv's since they collect dirt.

I can move my smaller boats around with it but I would not try to move my big deck boat trailer...... I drag a lot of wood with it too.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
pretty sure the pieces that mount to the rear differential come with it...... I bet a phone call would answer that ;)

starcentral

Seaman Apprentice
pretty sure the pieces that mount to the rear differential come with it...... I bet a phone call would answer that ;)

What??? use the phone? Who does that these days... lol

Okay I just called, unfortunately its just the ball mount, pull pin hitch hole and tow loop.

The 2003 I have has a hole on the back for ball mount, so maybe I'll give that a go this weekend. I just wanted to spend some $$ and get a nice fancy full mount setup with shiny black paint so it would look nice, and be stronger than what's there.

cheers

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
All I ever did was mount the ball on the plate that was built into the bike on my Kodiak and I hauled and pulled a lot of stuff with that one. A buddy of mine has a receiver hitch on his that he bolted to the plate and then welded along the sides and he pulls stuff around that I would not attempt.