What are you guys using for full cesspool??

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Probably gonna need a pumping.Been in our house for 30 years and it had been vacant for 2 years prior so cespool was surely empty when we started.Just 2 of us in the house so no excessive use for sure,and recently have seen water trickling from bottom of a retaining wall which is in proximity of cespool.Guess it full.Gonna try some over the counter fixes first since the trickling water didnt smell nasty but it was not fresh clear water either.Anyone use anything interesting??

alldodge

Staff member
Your saying cesspool but do you mean sceptic tank or dry well maybe?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I'd be careful posting anything online...at least here in Michigan if the local bureaucrat environmentalist activists hear of anyone even thinking they have an issue they come barging in and cost you many thousands putting in raised bed systems. They do this even if your miles from the lake. I think they are in bed with the local excavators...

alldodge

Staff member
Did some looking about these things and they are basically the same as a septic tank and laterals or dry well, so far as the tank that is. All start to fail if the solids build up to high and get into the cesspool/lateral/dry well

I have my tank pumped about every 5 to 7 years (just 2 of us), cheep insurance. Some never have the tank pumped and get away with it.