Jetski trailer hub or bearings replacement

dlogvine

Master Chief Petty Officer
I took my jetski to the lake first time this year. On the way home the tire blew up and by the time I was able to get of the freeway, there were only chunks of rubber stuck to the rim. Unfortunately tire pieces damaged the fender, it was twisted and bent and covered in rubber particles and grease from the hub. Also, when I looked at the hub, the bearing was gone and hub was loosely sliding left and right along the spindle, spraying all over the place the bearing grease. I managed to put a spare tire on and take the trailer to the storage, lucky for me it was only a couple miles away. Took off the axle today and checked out the hub. The spindle on the axle looks intact, also is a hub itself. However the bearings are gone from both sides and Im still going to clean everything up to check out the state of the inside of the hub. The question is, should I buy a complete new hub kit, or if the hub is good, just the bearing kit with the new seal and cups? Also are these bearing kits standard for the 2000lbs axles or should I measure the inner and outer diameters or take them to the machine shop to measure. And the last question, what is the best place to buy the replacements? I saw quite inexpensive hub replacement kits for under $60 for both at Walmart online. Thx