Tractor top link

alldodge

Staff member
Got me a used Kubota M9540 and want to install a hydraulic top link. Its a cat 1 tractor and would like to figure out the min and max length dimensions for use. The 3 point hitch is standard for most tractors so if anyone has a similar one

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
I don't know but I needed to respond to keep up with this. I was just passed a JD2240 4wd with a loader attachment. I have yet to get it home (probably springtime) and it will be a "project" for me. That Kubota you have is much more powerful then the 50HP John Deere.

alldodge

Staff member
I'm wanting to get a hydraulic top link instead of the mechanical crank style, this way it can be changed on the fly.

Have posted on a couple tractor forums but only response has been from a company which makes them. They say theirs are 23.25 to 35.25 inches. Think the 35 may be a bit far but I'm more concerned by the 23 inch. If it needs to get closer then I could have trouble.

Have been using my buddy's JD 50hp tractor but decided I wanted to get one for my self. Got a ok price on it, not great, but most of the non-emission tractors are selling for more these days