Fuel hose repair

dlogvine

Master Chief Petty Officer
The guy I bought my hull from for some reason cut the main fuel filling hose about 10 inches from the filler cap. Buying a new hose (about 7ft of 1.5") is quite an expensive way to fix the problem, so I found a 2sided clamped rubber coupling in the plumbing section of Home depot and am planning on sticking the broken parts of the fuel line inside the coupler, tightening the clamps from both sides. Now here is the problem, I'm not sure how would this rubber withhold the fuel effects and will it or not deteriorate after a while of use. So I'm thinking about glueing the parts of the fuel line together prior to clamping them. What kind of adhesive can I use and is it a better way to go? Thx

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Your proposed fix is not USCG approved

Either get a new hose, or get a stainless hose barb coupler

dlogvine

Master Chief Petty Officer
Your proposed fix is not USCG approved

Either get a new hose, or get a stainless hose barb coupler

Can look for one but 1. 1/2 inch outside hose diameter, inside should be at least 1 1/4... Any ideas where can I get such a large barbed coupler? Thank you

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Can look for one but 1. 1/2 inch outside hose diameter, inside should be at least 1 1/4... Any ideas where can I get such a large barbed coupler? Thank you

1-1/2" hose is 1-1/2" hose on the inside

hose is listed by its ID