Rubber Bumper repair

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
A neighbor buddy called me this morning with a question? Somebody clipped one of cars and tore the corner on his rubber front bumper. Asked my opinion. I suggested using 5 minute epoxy; then staple on the inside. Anyone ever attempt a repair like this? Haven't seen it yet; but probably will.

harringtondav

Commander
Bondo makes a fiberglass repair compound, more flexible than it's standard pink body patch. It doesn't sand worth a darn, but it sticks.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Unbolt bumper cover and throw away. Spend $150 on new cover, have painted to match, then install.

repairs on todays urethane bumpers are not done, as the bumper covers are so cheap

82rude

Rear Admiral
I used a bumper repair kit on a busted fender flare.After I was done it looked like new and was very strong.
39116152021_68a37bf081_c.jpg

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I repaired urethane bumpers before. About the same as any auto repair if you buy the correct repair material. Once you know what type rubberized material the bumper is made of, you can go to any auto paint store and get the correct repair and it will look like new if you do the repair correctly. If I can do it, anybody can... JMHO

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
if i ever get out of the rehab place and home I will be back on. Had a blood clot;lost a leg. Computer acting wierd.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
if i ever get out of the rehab place and home I will be back on. Had a blood clot;lost a leg. Computer acting wierd.

Your bud's rubber bumper must low on the list, Fred.

Take care of yourself and get well.