2001 chevy 2500 "seo acc" circuit

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Does anyone know what the circuit labeled "seo acc" on a 2001 chevy 2500 is for? Think I will pull power for controller for a plow from it but I need to make sure it's not something too important, like abs or engine control or air bags. The controller draws negligible amperage so probably would not be a big deal.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Googling;

What does SEO IGN mean?

The SEO Ign (10A) and SEO Acc (10A) are the leads that can be used for RAP, which means your device only gets power with the various key-on positions.

And another;

What does SEO accy mean?

One of the most commonly used is the SEO ACCY circuit, which according to the manual is "not used". This offers an easily accessible 12v ignition switched source. The SEO ACCY fuse is located in the instrument panel fuse block.

It seems to be a safe power source.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Thanks, never even thought of google... I too stuck in the old days i guess

GA_Boater

If it wasn't for Google, I would be a dummy. No Comments!

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
If it wasn't for Google, I would be a dummy. No Comments!

While I understand your thoughts there, I wonder if we are all dummy's in a sense. Google has gotten really powerful. Now dont lump me in the tin hat category but I think my phone tracks and listens to me. It seems all I have to do is talk about buying something or walk by a store that sells something and I get ads for similiar products and stores...its happened a few too many times to be coincidental in my mind...(maybe I do need tin foil🤔)

GA_Boater

The new marketing scheme, Jake. :blue: Google is tracking your history and trying to make you buy more useless stuff.

I think if you turn off the GPS function that it stymies Google's location service so they don't now you just walked into the underware section of the store. It's supposed to be that accurate to pop up specialized ads for where you are in a store.

iBoats doesn't sell useless stuff and is offering a holiday :tinfoil3: special. One size fits all! :D

Maclin

Admiral
An accessory circuit sometimes used for heated seats, blows when there is a short between the seat and the steering wheel.