aquarium

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
getting back in to the game after about 30 year hiatus. ANyone else into them?

started with a couple 3.5 gal for betta, just setting up the new 55 gal. Not sure where this will lead but man i love fish tanks.

RKjZ5AD.jpg

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
used to have a few fish tanks. 55 gallon was the last one.

went from tropical fish to a few oscars to bass/perch.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I still have several... a couple African cichlid tanks (a 180g and a 75g) and a 55 gallon freshwater angelfish tank. I was really into the hobby several years ago... at one point I had over a dozen tanks, mostly keeping and breeding African cichlids and several species of Synodontis catfish.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Earlier in my life with my first wife, we went all the way up to a 250 gal salt tank, it was a lot of work to take care of, I took my 55 gallon fresh to Hawaii and then finally gave the hobby up, just to many things going on in life at that time. I would like to have another one, but I don't want a small tank, so I don't live in an environment now that would be conducive to keeping fish.

Have fun with it, they are a calming and soothing way to deal with life.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Had three saltwater tanks back in the day.

Had a 55 gallon with a reef setup. Had Tangs, Rasps, clowns, anemia’s and some coral heads.

Had a Lionfish in a 20 gallon tank. Some invertabries, starfish, sea horses etc. in a third.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
You are pretty limited to what you can have with Beta in the tank arent you??

Not really, just other Bettas and fancy long dinner fish they think are competitors otherwise pretty good with others. But I plan on keeping him in the 3.5 gallon by himself and the snail..

dithhagler

Recruit

started with a couple 3.5 gal for betta, just setting up the new 55 gal. Not sure where this will lead but man i love fish tanks.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/RKjZ5AD.jpg"**[/IMG2]

WOW!!! This pictures so nice, what do you call it?

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
Haven't done the aquarium thing for quite a while, but have a 1500 gallon koi pond in the yard. Some big koi in there with goldfish and shubunkins.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
interesting. When i bought my male guppies, i got three of dark ones and two of a light yellow. One of the the yellow crapped out within 24 hours. It happens. So watching him the next week or two in the small take with the dark ones e was always subdued in fact thought maybe he was sickly and going the way of the other. Then for two days I saw the three dark ones picking on him, alot. Chasing, biting, etc. So since i had gotten my 55 up and stabilized for about a week I felt safe to grab him and throw him in the 55. After a day or two he was noticeably more happy and moving about the tank. added some structure (long and stuff)last night and now he is all over the place.

I think my dark guppies were ganging up on a 'fish of a different color'. I don't think I'll put them together again.

Ta7u15Q.jpg

Last edited:

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Haven't done the aquarium thing for quite a while, but have a 1500 gallon koi pond in the yard. Some big koi in there with goldfish and shubunkins.

Our pond is larger; It has Koi;Catfish; and Bass. It's relaxing to see them (Koi) swimming around sloooww and smooth.
What's funny is to throw bread or dog food out and watch the fish and ducks go wild.

They say Koi only grow so big. They are wrong!

Juliatom543

Banned

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/RKjZ5AD.jpg"**[/IMG2]

such a beauty

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
My fish tank is frozen right now. I don't ice fish, the fridge makes plenty of ice.

Attachments

• photo308531.jpg
    photo308531.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo308532.jpg
    photo308532.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 0

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I don't miss that. Mamma guppy had her second batch yesterday so we are somewhere between 11 and 18 more fish. Lots of plants and really small babies make it tough to count