aquarium

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aquarium

getting back in to the game after about 30 year hiatus. ANyone else into them?

started with a couple 3.5 gal for betta, just setting up the new 55 gal. Not sure where this will lead but man i love fish tanks.

1979 Carver Montego 2357 | 260 Mercruiser upgraded to Alpha | 2006 Nissan 15hp kicker

Girls cry and boys fart in front of friends, but girls fart and boys cry in front of true friends.

used to have a few fish tanks. 55 gallon was the last one.

went from tropical fish to a few oscars to bass/perch.
    Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
    1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
    2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
    1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I still have several... a couple African cichlid tanks (a 180g and a 75g) and a 55 gallon freshwater angelfish tank. I was really into the hobby several years ago... at one point I had over a dozen tanks, mostly keeping and breeding African cichlids and several species of Synodontis catfish.
      Location: West Central Illinois, USA 1997 Larson 186 SEi Bowrider I/O Mercruiser 350 #0F747565 Mag Alpha One Gen II #1A270120 Transom and Deck Restoration Project on my '97 Larson Bowrider

Comment

You are pretty limited to what you can have with Beta in the tank arent you??

Comment

Earlier in my life with my first wife, we went all the way up to a 250 gal salt tank, it was a lot of work to take care of, I took my 55 gallon fresh to Hawaii and then finally gave the hobby up, just to many things going on in life at that time. I would like to have another one, but I don't want a small tank, so I don't live in an environment now that would be conducive to keeping fish.

Have fun with it, they are a calming and soothing way to deal with life.

Comment

Had three saltwater tanks back in the day.

Had a 55 gallon with a reef setup. Had Tangs, Rasps, clowns, anemia’s and some coral heads.

Had a Lionfish in a 20 gallon tank. Some invertabries, starfish, sea horses etc. in a third.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy charlie View Post
              You are pretty limited to what you can have with Beta in the tank arent you??
              Not really, just other Bettas and fancy long dinner fish they think are competitors otherwise pretty good with others. But I plan on keeping him in the 3.5 gallon by himself and the snail..
              1979 Carver Montego 2357 | 260 Mercruiser upgraded to Alpha | 2006 Nissan 15hp kicker

Girls cry and boys fart in front of friends, but girls fart and boys cry in front of true friends.

Comment

Originally posted by redneck joe View Post
                getting back in to the game after about 30 year hiatus. ANyone else into them?

started with a couple 3.5 gal for betta, just setting up the new 55 gal. Not sure where this will lead but man i love fish tanks.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/RKjZ5AD.jpg"**[/IMG2]
                WOW!!! This pictures so nice, what do you call it?

Comment

Siamese fighting fish, aka betta splendens

Comment

Haven't done the aquarium thing for quite a while, but have a 1500 gallon koi pond in the yard. Some big koi in there with goldfish and shubunkins.

Comment

I had a pond in a previous life and probably will again in a year or two.

Comment

Got a 55 gal with a big ol Oscar...
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                        '64 MFG Rebuild
                        MFG forum thread https://forums.iboats.com/mfg/64-edin...ay-524708.html
                        https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...ve-the-manatee
                        https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...at-restoration

Comment

interesting. When i bought my male guppies, i got three of dark ones and two of a light yellow. One of the the yellow crapped out within 24 hours. It happens. So watching him the next week or two in the small take with the dark ones e was always subdued in fact thought maybe he was sickly and going the way of the other. Then for two days I saw the three dark ones picking on him, alot. Chasing, biting, etc. So since i had gotten my 55 up and stabilized for about a week I felt safe to grab him and throw him in the 55. After a day or two he was noticeably more happy and moving about the tank. added some structure (long and stuff)last night and now he is all over the place.

I think my dark guppies were ganging up on a 'fish of a different color'. I don't think I'll put them together again.

Last edited by redneck joe; November 26th, 2018, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by poconojoe View Post
                            Haven't done the aquarium thing for quite a while, but have a 1500 gallon koi pond in the yard. Some big koi in there with goldfish and shubunkins.
                            Our pond is larger; It has Koi;Catfish; and Bass. It's relaxing to see them (Koi) swimming around sloooww and smooth.
                            What's funny is to throw bread or dog food out and watch the fish and ducks go wild.

They say Koi only grow so big. They are wrong!

Comment

Our new pleco. About two inches in the way to four.

Comment

Working...
                              X