Facing Windows License Will Expire Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexbach

Recruit
My Asus Vivobook S14 has a screen that pops up stating that the windows license will expire soon. I went to settings and entered in the product key on the back but it was not accepted. Thinking this is due to an upgrade to windows 8 at some point prior to my ownership.

Is there a work around for this?

Will upgrading to 10 bypass this issue?

Will the computer stop working if the correct product key is not entered before the date listed?

It is moments like this where my technophobia gets the better of me.:faint2::facepalm:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Call Microsoft software dept and they will help get it worked out for you based on which path you upgraded through, all of the newer computers are tied to the windows database and sometimes you need to talk with them to get it straightened out based on upgrades or changes you have made to the computer.

fishrdan

Admiral
I went to settings and entered in the product key on the back but it was not accepted.

Did it prompt you use the automated phone system, to activate?

IE: You call a Microsoft phone number given by your PC, select text to a phone, punch in your product key, and they will text you back a confirmation number.

I've done this many times, quick and easy. Otherwise, you'll need to call MS to get the licensing straightened out.

alexbach

Recruit
I think I may have lost that phone number 2-3 months back. Any other way around?

alexbach

Recruit
Oh, I am so sorry. I thought you were asking the number on which I'll receive the otp or something like that. I'll check out the page.

dithhagler

Recruit

alexbach

Recruit
Hi Dithhagler, Thanks for reaching out. Really liked that you explained everything. I will try that for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.