Dark Vinyl Siding

alldodge

Staff member
Going to install vinyl siding on my rental and would like to use Brown and maybe a darker shade. Have installed siding before but wonder if the vinyl will sag in the hot summer heat. Anyone ever use darker colors in hot climates and have it work out?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I would hate to think that a factory color would sag or whorp under sunlight or hot temps ..
‘lighter colors would help your cooling bill ..

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
My FIL was a contractor and installed all types of siding; I helped him on weekends.The tips I learned were easy! When installing; nail every 18" (not exactly but close). Also do not nail siding flush to the wall; it is suppose to hang; (expansion and contraction). We installed mostly lighter colors;I remember installing a Chocolate Brown on a Church.and a Kelly Green on a couple of houses turned out OK. I salvaged enough excess and scrap pieces to do my house.
It was advertised "Vinyl is Final". Over time; it becomes hard and brittle. A Weed Eater is its enemy. And; it does fade!!.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
It was advertised "Vinyl is Final". Over time; it becomes hard and brittle. A Weed Eater is its enemy. And; it does fade!!.
I second that.....

My wife's tack room (horses) is a recycled construction site office. White siding, but it cracks if you look at it the wrong way.