Photo hosting site that can be shared here.

sam60

Captain
Has anyone found a decent photo hosting site lately that can be shared to or can be linked on iboats? I don't want to try to do the photobucket recovery and trying to start over. Looking for a free site of course. TIA.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I have simply been uploading my photos to the iboats forums. While photophucket is again showing photos, I went that route after webshots went bust. Being bit twice on photo hosting sites, not going to be a 3rd

so since they did changes with the last upgrade to be able to upload photos, I have gone that route.

southkogs

Staff member
You can also create an ideabook here on iboats (which can be kept private) and link to that like you would have used Photobucket.

sam60

Captain
You can also create an ideabook here on iboats (which can be kept private) and link to that like you would have used Photobucket.

That works well. I never noticed that feature. Thanks Scott and kogs.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
the ideabook needs some work. its not as easy to use as it should be.

sam60

Captain
The ideabook isn't working correctly as mentioned above. I went back into it to edit and add but I couldn't and it said in a message bar at the top that the alias is already in use.

Flickr keeps redirecting me to yahoo and won't let me sign up. PITA.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Ive been using flickr ever since the pb fiasco.Did the yahoo thing but ive never used yahoo since .No cost and just a minor hassle but its free and once you are on it good as long as they don't pull a pb.

sam60

Captain
Thanks 82. I have a bunch of info on OMC equipped 7.4L that I want to create a folder for on iboats. Some of it is help, diagrams and such from DonS. I'll keep trying another day.

sam60

Captain

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I still just use Dropbox. You just have to modify the link they give you to allow it to post in forums.

fishrdan

Admiral
BTW, have you caught that record striper yet?

Nope.... Willow Beach killed the striper fishery there 4-5 years ago when they "scuttled" the trout hatchery and stocking. They restarted trout stocking 1-2 years ago, but it's not come back to what it was before.