Need a computer dork; Wi-Fi router

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redneck joe View Post
    Ok, my tp link with lots of antennas was good but about two years old now.

Recommendations for under $200 Alex....I

Just us two 99% of the time, and all our devices.
    https://www.netgear.com/home/product...rs/AC2400.aspx

Comment

This is what I did - https://www.linksys.com/us/p/P-WHW0301/

Comment

The linksys is pretty and the velop has antennas making it look bada..

then lots of gobbledygook words.
        1979 Carver Montego 2357 | 260 Mercruiser upgraded to Alpha | 2006 Nissan 15hp kicker

Girls cry and boys fart in front of friends, but girls fart and boys cry in front of true friends.

Comment

Originally posted by southkogs View Post
          just ordered (amazon tho, much cheaper)
          1979 Carver Montego 2357 | 260 Mercruiser upgraded to Alpha | 2006 Nissan 15hp kicker

Girls cry and boys fart in front of friends, but girls fart and boys cry in front of true friends.

Comment

I think that's who I wound up buying mine from too (that's past the 48 hour "recall" mark).

Comment

yeah, i get to about 12 minutes and i call it good...

Comment

Well left the Velop in the cart overnight and went up fifty bucks. So I do what I always seem to do.

be here tomorrow. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Bummer.

Netgear is no slouch though. I wouldn't be afraid of their stuff.

Comment

Cool. Plus didn't really know about the mesh systems thingie but thinking I'll put it in the new sunroom so the pool and party areas of the back yard have good coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by southkogs View Post
                      Netgear is no slouch though.
                      Pretty impressive actually. Upgraded when we cut the cord last year.

Had planned to pull cable to connect three TVs. Absolutely no need to do so with this router. All three easily supported by USB wireless input

Comment

I haven't taken full advantage of the mesh capabilities yet, but my house doesn't have quite the square footage to worry about it. Later this year, I may add a satellite router upstairs.

Comment

It could be your DHCP scope is set too small. I've seen some routers where it was set to 10 (192.168.0.1-192.168.0.11) I would set it to around 50 (192.168.0.1-192.168.0.50) and put any static IPs outside of that range.

Comment

Working...
                          X