how to get the gas out of the truck

82rude

Rear Admiral
Selling my 2003 f150 4x4.Tried to get a hose down her to siphon out 20 plus gallons of fresh gas.No go,Whats blocking the hose a screen?Suggestions.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Most vehicles after the 90's have anti siphon measures in place, but a lot of them started installing plugs in the bottom of them so you could drain them when you have to do work on them

82rude

Rear Admiral
Can you disconnect the filler hose below and siphon from there?Soon as the girl finishes paying for the truck and I release it to her im heading right away to krown rustproofing and getting my 13 edge done.Only had that edge for 1 week tomorrow but darn I like that suv a lot.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
You might be able to, I have never done it, the last tank I had to drain, I lowered on a transmission jack and pulled the fuel pump out of the tank and used a pump to get the majority of the fuel out of it.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
you may have to hot-wire the fuel pump and disconnect at the filter and use the pump. the anti-siphon measures may be in the tank.

bigdee

Commander
I have done this by connecting a length of plastic tubing to the test port on fuel rail (you have to remove the schrader valve from test port first)and running the other end to a gas container. Next step is to pinch the plastic tubing close to the engine with a c-clamp or vise pliers. Now start engine and slowly open c-clamp/pliers so fuel starts flowing through line. If engine starts to run rough pinch line until engine smooths out. It will probably take 15 to 20 minutes to move 20 gallons.

89retta

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Why not just be a nice guy and leave the gas for the new owner

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Given the price of gas up there, that makes you a ‘very nice guy’, 82rude!