Hydraulic Test Kit

alldodge

Staff member
My D3 dozer has some steering issues and need to find a hydraulic test kit which will work. I have two fittings which are STOR Boss fittings (7/16-20 and 9/16-18). Some of the kits found are 9000 psi others 8K psi. Currently have gauges for 400 and 2000 and the D3 does not use that high of pressures.

Pulled one of the fittings and thought about drill and tap for 1/8 NPT but after measuring, figure this would be a no-go due to how much side wall would be left once tapped.

Found kits from under 100 (china) to over $2K. Like good tools but cannot justify spending 2K for this job. Good thing with the kit is it will have quick connect for gauge

Anyone have any suggestions on kits?

alldodge

Staff member
I have the service manual, and they are adjusted correctly. Just picked up a test kit and maybe sometime next week I can get some readings

dolluper

Captain
Haven't worked on one of those for 20 years you got the wheels spinning good luck

alldodge

Staff member
Just an quick update
Connected the gauges and pressures in the tranny were spot on, so after many other test such as bury blade in the dirt under full power, figured it was the steering clutches that are slipping

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
7/16-20 is SAE -4
9/16-18 is SAE -6

I think I still have a bunch of gauges with stauff quick connects that are missing the glycerin as the plug popped off in this dang heat a few years ago. yours if you want them

alldodge

Staff member
7/16-20 is SAE -4
9/16-18 is SAE -6

I think I still have a bunch of gauges with stauff quick connects that are missing the glycerin as the plug popped off in this dang heat a few years ago. yours if you want them

Be glad to have them will send PM

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
replied. only have the 200 psi left. what other pressures do you need.

what size/type of fittings do you need?