S8 verse S9 Camera

southkogs

Staff member
Totally missed what you were doing in the first post, Sam.

I've been driving Apple stuff for years now, but I'm amazed at the power of both Samsung and Apple's mobile cameras. I shot an entire week at the Grand Canyon on my iPhone 6, and the 7's camera is even better. Much like your s9 image, the focal angle is almost as good as my old medium format cameras.

I wish you could control depth of field a little better with them, but you can't deny the image quality.

sam am I

Commander
Yes and what is so cool is most, if not all of the image quality in this goofy things is being done through digital signal processing, definitely amazing stuff! I WAS going to get the microscope cam to take this last night but nope, just shot it free hand with the smart phone.....The little ceramic capicitor in the lower middle is 0.5mm wide.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180326_224036.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.72 MB ID:	10550883

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
That is impressive.

The camera on my iPad pro is even better than the iPhone, but aiming the 12" iPad is kinda' a pain. The phone is just more convenient.

I downloaded the "Manual" app for the iPhone camera. Haven't really been able to play with it enough to decide how much I like it ... but I can say that I haven't carried my digital camera with Leica lenses in a little while.