2010 Honda Civic, Oil Life Reset - how many miles til it comes on?

ezbtr

Commander
Gf has one, sure as hell not changing oil at 3K like Pep Boys sticker said, can I extend warning? , thx :)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
A sticker from any oil change place doesn't turn the light on at any mileage. Got an owner's manual with the oil change interval listed?

mla2ofus

Chief Petty Officer
Never have believed in car co's. oil change interval. Have always changed at 3k miles. Oil and grease are your two cheapest maintenance items.
Mike

bigdee

Commander
Gf has one, sure as hell not changing oil at 3K like Pep Boys sticker said, can I extend warning? , thx :)

Nothing wrong with changing every 3k if you like throwing money away. That 3k myth was true years ago when engines had open crankcase ventilation and slow warm ups with over rich fuel. Use owners manual recommendations.

drrpm

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I have a 2008 Civic so its basically the same car. It should show what percentage is left before the next change is due. I think the mileage is usually in the 7-8K mile range between changes. My Honda mechanic says to change the oil when it gets down to 10%.

ezbtr

Commander
Just found that computer chooses oil life based on conditions, thing is, cant tell what miles it was changed at, I do every 5K or so, and oil is clean, I may just change it for the heck of it and write down mileage. :)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Subtract 3000 from the mileage on the sticker - That's when it was last changed.