Split finger tips from the cold

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander
Found something that really works on split finger tips by the edges of the nail that are painful and wont heal.

Wash your hands with apple cider vinegar and dry them with a towel. Then apply a hand lotion before going to bed. After a week your hands will be healed. I also do this at work during the day if I can. Hope this helps .....

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I used Neutrogena Norwegian formula hand creme. I have also used Okeeffe's working hands

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
I wash my hands 20-40 times a day at work with E2 sanitizing soap, and E3 alcohol sanitizer, work in 48* environment, I cook and clean at home so wash at least 10 more times, probably 40, and live in northern Wisconsin. Lotions just seem to soften the skin so it can tear and crack more easily.

On the plus side, I never buy sandpaper for my projects, I just use my hands. :)

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander
I have used Okeeffe's for the past 5 years, and it just don't work as good as it should. My daughter is a cosmetologist, and was the one who recommended that I try the apple cider vinegar method. I was skeptical at first, but now am a believer.

robert graham

Admiral
I use Chapstick for my lips as well as cracked fingertips in the cold wintertime....Chapstick works good and handy to keep in your pocket....

Bondo

Staff member
Found something that really works on split finger tips by the edges of the nail that are painful and wont heal.

Ayuh,...... I've been usin' Bag Balm for many years to battle dry skin, 'n cracked finger tips,....

It's found in better drug stores, or any Farm Supply 'round here,....
Dairy farmers use it on the cows teats,...

dwco5051

Commander
Ayuh,...... I've been usin' Bag Balm for many years to battle dry skin, 'n cracked finger tips,....

It's found in better drug stores, or any Farm Supply 'round here,....
Dairy farmers use it on the cows teats,...

Got to agree on Bag Balm. Also been using it for years. My wife was raised on a dairy farm and used to make her living training horses so three quarters of the stuff in our medicine cabinet has a picture of either a cow, horse or chicken on it.

bigdee

Commander
Glycerin works well. Also works on dry,cracked feet

Attachments

• photo284656.jpg
    photo284656.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 0