Automatic Windows

BRL2307

Cadet
I spent the morning in the garage grinding on fiberglass. Around 11, I get cleaned up and meet the wife for lunch. She had to work today. Thanks healthcare! I come home and start the real honey-do list and notice it has started snowing! Guess we will have a white christmas after all!

A little while later, I look out the front windows to see how much has fallen, and notice something odd. It looks like the windows are down in the truck! All. Of. Them. With snow coming down. I run outside and close them up, and try brushing out the snow. Seats are soaked. The heat is now on full blast, with a dehumidifier running.

After a quick google search, because I know I didn't roll them all down myself, revealed something interesting. When you press unlock on the key fob, then hold down the unlock button, all the windows roll down! Heck of a time to learn that trick. Merry Christmas everyone!

Attachments

• photo282725.jpg
    photo282725.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 0

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Now I have to try it on mine.

Thanks for the tip.

Merry Christmas.

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
You didn't mention what truck you had but looking at the picture it looks like a Silverado. I have a 2016 Colorado. I'll have to check that function.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
my old VW Jetta GLX had the same function. loved it on hot summer days.

BRL2307

Cadet
It is a 2015 Silverado. It had happened once over the summer, but didn't think much of it. Just figured I forgot to close them. But I was confident I did not lower them this time.

Update: It does not work for our 2017 Nissan Rogue.

Last edited:

Maclin

Admiral
If you poke around in the display settings or online you may find that is a feature that can be enabled/disabled.