My Winter Hobby

sam am I

Commander
Looks like it, wondering though, how well it'd work in wetter to mucky versions of snow?

It looks like it does pretty well in the video, lots of power but, most machines do okay when they have what looks like what they had, some 20'ish degree snow?....lil wind blown snow to just fresh fallen dry? Hmmm

Need to see a test in some of the snot snow I seem to have to run in these days. That crap snow will show if the rubber really meets the road!

I'll bet its pricey, i didn't even check it for good reason....geeesh, looks like a decent built unit though

Last edited:

82rude

Rear Admiral
tpenfeld your blowers look great!Ive been thinking about traction for blower and atv lately.What do you think of studs?Looks like you can self install for a lot cheaper than chains dyi.

sam am I

Commander
The new EFI beast with added light bar, of course.....

Attachments

• 20211126_174756.jpg
    20211126_174756.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 17
  • 20211126_175601.jpg
    20211126_175601.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 20211125_233444.jpg
    20211125_233444.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 17

tpenfield

Staff member
I've been in VT for the week and we happened to get a decent snowfall last night. There is a Cub Cadet 524 snow blower in the garage that will get its first workout.

sam am I

Commander
Nice, daughter got a Cud last year and loves it.........No real snow here down lower here yet, but hoping it'll dump soon.......

This thing is suppose to move some snow and then some, mucky/wet snow even they say these are hard to plug.......hope so. The nose seems light though, I mean it's well balanced, but might need one of those 10# weight kits in the bucket, not sure yet, need a good heavy snow to give it the ole what for first..

Last edited:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
I've been in VT for the week and we happened to get a decent snowfall last night. There is a Cub Cadet 524 snow blower in the garage that will get its first workout.
Stop being a stranger....... Yeah I got to use a new to me toy on that first snow - I have evolved to a side by side with a 6' Plow. I will just say I had plenty of power and it was a learning experience. I did enjoy the closed cab.

tpenfield

Staff member
Stop being a stranger....... Yeah I got to use a new to me toy on that first snow - I have evolved to a side by side with a 6' Plow. I will just say I had plenty of power and it was a learning experience. I did enjoy the closed cab.
Yes, I'll have to stop by one of these days. (y) :cool:

The Admiral and I have been taking care of her father in VT who has been needing lots of medical and home care lately.

WinsLetshawn

Recruit
I also once bought a snow blower for the yard at auction streaming, it was many years ago, and it was a difficult purchase for me. It was difficult to hold the handles down to control the drive or auger, it really hurt, and the headlight was blocked by a gutter. So then I bought a Toro snow blower for my house, which was much easier and more efficient at snow removal. Usually, where I live, there is not much snow, so I do not often use my snow equipment, I spend more time caring for him.
I think you're the only person I've ever heard of who has a hobby snow blower.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Yes, I'll have to stop by one of these days. (y) :cool:

The Admiral and I have been taking care of her father in VT who has been needing lots of medical and home care lately.
Facebook Marketplace and CL have been loaded with ones people are tired of storing - How's the Admiral's father doing?

sam am I

Commander
people are tired of storing
I have two now and lately, tht's seems two too many. We're just not getting the snow we used too, It's just always 3 or 4 degrees too warm with these tree dumping out of place super high wind storms.......Strange weather these days here.

Last edited: