Motorcycle does not start properly

Linkon

Cadet
I have a Dayun Defender Motorcycle. Last morning when I kick my motorcycle then it not starts. I kicked about 55-60 times but not start it. Then I opened Flag and clean it then it started. Todays morning I faced the same problem. I Imagine this motorcycle can't supply current properly. Can anyone advise me what should I do?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Check the underside of the gas tank for barnacles and make sure the prop is in good shape. :smile:

Sorry, Linkon - This is a boat forum, not a motorcycle forum.

aspeck

Staff member
There ya go, Linkon, moved it to the Non-boating forum for you now that I can after the upgrade to the forum. Things will get back to "normal" around here soon ... thanks for joining and thanks for posting. Lots of good help here for all kinds of stuff (especially boating).

Linkon

Cadet
I am Really Sorry! Can you tell me the useful motorcycle forum name or URL?

Thank you

aspeck

Staff member
I thought you would get a few replies here ... sorry, Linkon . I used to ride and at one point had 3 cycles ... a little Kawi 100 enduro, the indestructible Honda CB350, and a Kawa KZ1000 ... the fastest production crotch rocket of it's time. But being in the fire service, after getting married and having kids I gave up the bikes. Every time I get the itch to ride we get a call for another motorcycle accident that ends in a life flight and I remember why I gave it up ... want to spend time with the kids. The bikes aren't dangerous, it is the idiots that don't look for them! Anyway, I have no place to direct you, sorry.

With the major upgrade to our site, this is also a tough time to get answers as we are working on the mechanics of the site. Do you have a boat or are you into boating? What brought you to iboats?

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
hmm a dayun defender is not a bike I have worked on before. would need a bit more info.
what is "flag" that you opened?
does it have spark? does it have fuel? was it stored and if so was it stored properly?

generally on kick start bikes, problems tend to be spark plugs, wires, carbs or bad fuel. those are the first and easy things to check.

82rude

Rear Admiral
You might try audio karma as they have lots of bikers and a section for wings, wheels and other stuff.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
the Dayon Defender is a 148cc 8.5hp electric start motor bike from Bangladesh.

I assume by flag, he mean the choke.

as far as not starting, do you have fuel? is the ignition on?

JoLin

Vice Admiral
I have a Dayun Defender Motorcycle. Last morning when I kick my motorcycle then it not starts. I kicked about 55-60 times but not start it. Then I opened Flag and clean it then it started. Todays morning I faced the same problem. I Imagine this motorcycle can't supply current properly. Can anyone advise me what should I do?

If by "Flag" you mean carburetor choke, your answer is probably in the carburetor. Take it off and rebuild it. On a 148cc motor it's probably a pretty simple unit.

My .02

JoyceWilker

Recruit
It might be due to loose connection with supply else there may be a problem with the engine. Sometimes it might be due to some dust in engine, you can clean it. Else you can go for servicing of your motorcycle so that the professional will identify the problem and give you the exact solution.